The University of the North (UvhN) always handles your personal data with the utmost care; you should be able to trust that your personal data are processed lawfully and are adequately protected. The UvhN is a collaboration between five knowledge institutions in the Northern Netherlands: the University of Groningen, Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen, NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences, Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences, and the UMCG. The University of Groningen is the coordinator of this network and acts as its contact person. This privacy statement informs you of how personal data are handled in the context of the network’s activities. The five knowledge institutions act jointly as data controller. The UvhN wants to be transparent about how it deals with your personal data. This privacy statement is supplementary to the general privacy statement. Each institution also has its own general privacy statement.
- General Privacy Statement of the University of Groningen
- General Privacy Statement of Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen
- General Privacy Statement of NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- General Privacy Statement of Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- General Privacy Statement of the UMCG
Why do we process personal data?
To inform stakeholders about UvhN activities by sending newsletters. Stakeholders include individuals who subscribe to the newsletter, students, and staff members.
How do we collect data and how long do we store them?
Data are provided via the contact form on the UvhN website or are collected as part of the institution’s performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Which systems do we use to store your data?
If you register via the contact form, your data are collected in Mailchimp. If the knowledge institution collects your data in a different way, they will be stored on the knowledge institution’s systems in accordance with the general privacy statement.
We store your data in accordance with laws and regulations and in particular with the Selection List for Universities and UMCs (version 1 Jan 2020).
Depending on how your data are collected, the following legal bases apply.
- Consent (Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR): You explicitly sign up to receive the newsletter. You can withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter.
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest (Article 6.1(e) of the GDPR): Your personal data are collected for the performance of an institution’s public task, i.e. the provision of academic education and research. Informing you about the UvhN’s activities is necessary in order to be able to fully perform the task carried out in the public interest.
Who receives your data?
Your data will be shared with the University of Groningen. Within the University of Groningen, your data are shared with the relevant University of the North staff in the Research & Impact cluster.
- The right to request access to/the erasure or rectification of personal data
- The right to data portability
- The right to restrict processing your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your data
Which of your data do we process?
- Email address
- Details of organization
Details of organization
If you have any questions or requests regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact:
University of Groningen
Attn. Central Privacy Desk
Postal address: P.O. Box 72
9700 AB Groningen
Your message will always be shared with the Data Protection Officer of the UG.